Thursday, June 5, 2014

{luke's dresser}

I've been wanting to paint this dresser for some time now and moving Luke into his own room was just the motivation I needed! I grabbed a few paint chips at Home Depot and quickly settled on Behr's "Anonymous"


Here's the before {sans the knobs}



After one coat



Painting done!


Today I stenciled the numbers in a navy blue and I still can't decide if I'm going to distress it or not. For now I will leave it but I'm leaning toward getting my sander out! I still can't find the right knobs without blowing a lot of money...why are knobs so spendy?!


Happy painting!

 photo Untitled1111_zpsb3c7f4e9.png

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! I have a very similar dresser that was my grandpa's and now it's my son's. It's in desperate need of a makeover and I have made it one of my goals to give it one this summer. Thanks for inspiring me to get it done! I think I am going to copy your paint color. I've been wanting something masculine and neutral. Did you primer yours before painting? I'm thinking I will need to in order to cover the dark stain that's on it now but I am a novice at this whole refinishing furniture thing. :) I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, Wendy! Thanks for the comment! Yes, I would sand it, prime it and then paint it. I didn't have to prime because it was white. You could look into paint that has primer in it. I have never used it but you could ask at the paint store..just explain it's for a piece of furniture. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Also, what type of brush/roller did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a brush but I would recommend a roller as it will not leave brush marks. You just have to be more careful with a brush. I only went that route because I bought the wrong roller to go with the covers I had and didn't feel like making another trip :) You could use a small roller/cover for this project. Large rollers are better for painting rooms

      Delete
    2. Thanks Faith! I'm excited to get started.

      Delete