Thursday, June 5, 2014

{luke's $15 room makeover}

I was trying to avoid a themed room but it's pretty much become a baseball room :) Luckily I can easily change and add things because nothing is permanently baseball...who knows what he'll like in 6 months! Anyway...my goal with this make over was to SAVE MONEY! And I accomplished that goal. I have only spent $15 {on the paint}!! And the only other thing I need are knobs for the dresser as mentioned in the previous post. 

Here's my favorite part of the room. I love chalkboards because I love that we can change what it says whenever we want or I can leave it blank and give him some chalk to play around with it! The chalkboard was a great purchase I made for FREE in my husband's man cave! I'm very happy with the way the bat looks as well...another free purchase from the man cave {that place is a treasure trove} and thanks to Pinterest I figured out how to hang it, I think it completes the chalkboard! The blue bedspread was FREE thanks to an awesome "free cycle" page my church has on Facebook. I posted that I was looking for a full size quilt {thinking the chances of me getting one were slim but thought I'd give it a shot} and later that day someone {thanks, Ann} posted that they had one! It's in great shape and it's reversible! Score! 


I couldn't decide if I should write "batter" or "batta" but I'm happy with the way it looks and love that it's not permanent so I can mess up a lot!


A few of Luke's favorite things: baseball, Legos and Where's Waldo books.


This was a nostalgic mama moment. Luke doesn't play with his cars anymore. Sniff. Sniff. He played with his beloved cars for over 4 years..all day long. Drove them around the couch and floor and walls...made all kinds of car noises...oh, I can just hear his little 2 year old self. Sigh. So I found this jar...where else but the man cave...and filled it with all the cars I could find scattered around the play room. 


I cut this picture out of one of Bryan's magazines {and later asked him if the Dodgers were an okay team to represent in Luke's room :} and stuck it in a frame I already had.


I don't know if you can tell but I decided to paint the hat hanger to match the dresser and I sanded it a little. I also forgot to add that I have not been able to decide if I should paint the head board or not! It's been my dad's since about 1960 so the nostalgic part of me wants to leave it but the creative side of me wants to paint it and maybe add a fun wall paper to the back of the open shelf part!! Wouldn't that be cute?? {And I did get my dad's blessing to paint it but in still torn!}


And lastly the dresser but I already talked about that here


I had a lot of fun re purposing and working on his room. The girls outnumber the boys in this house so it's fun to focus on my boy!

Happy Re-decorating!

 photo Untitled1111_zpsb3c7f4e9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment