Sunday, May 18, 2014

{new adventure}

Hi! Welcome to my new blog! I had a really hard time thinking of a name and when I finally came up with one I loved, {Charming Simplicity} it was already taken. {sad face} But I am actually really glad it didn't work out because the name I am using actually has personal meaning to me. It is inspired by my oldest sister, Sarah. She used to write me letters from college and she would address them to Faithy Lane. My name is Faith Elaine and I always liked her little spin on it. If I'm ever one of those people that has a street name at the end of my driveway, I'll use that. But I won't ever be one of those people so never mind.

Here's a little bit about myself even though my very first followers will all be people that know me {hi mom!}. I am first and foremost a follower of Jesus Christ. He is my Savior and without Him I would have nada. Second I am wife to Bryan. We have known each other for 23 years, {wow} together for almost 14 and married for almost 11. We have 4 amazing children. Peyton, Luke, Brynn and Adelynn. At the moment they are 9, 6, 4 and 22 months. I stay home full time with them, being a wife, mom and home maker.

I am passionate about decorating, designing, crafting, creating and painting. I have loved these things since I was young. I remember in high school, I would cut things out of magazines and make little dream notebooks. I actually still have one of them. I used to even write out detailed lists of things I would have in my home some day. I would describe, room by room, what each room would look like and what each room would have in it. When I played with legos, which I did often..what do you think I built? Houses! All. The. Time. Room by room, furniture and all and if I could have added paint and decor to the walls, I would have. I also loved to sketch the rooms in our house. I would draw and label each piece of furniture, each doorway, each closet. And finally, I rearrange{d}. It's what I do. Ask my family, I always rearranged my room growing up. I don't remember how old I was when I started doing this but I've been doing it for at least 25 years. Leaving things in one place is so boring to me, so predictable. I love putting a piece in the living room for a while and then changing it up and moving it to the kitchen or our bedroom. I love to have my couches face every which way over time. I can be having a really bad day and I'll feel inspired out of no where to be creative...so I rearrange my living room and I instantly feel better! I feel happy and accomplished! It's free therapy for me.

My hope with this blog is that I can help those of you that don't enjoy these things. I hope I can share some of the things I enjoy, give you some ideas, some inspiration, some tips and help you with any decorating dilemmas you have. Keep in mind that I will be sharing how I love to do things, which is going to look different for you in a lot of ways. One of the things I love about decorating is bringing your own personality and style into your home. So the colors and textures and designs I love may be the total opposite of what you love and that's what is so fun and unique about the world of decorating. But I hope when I do share tips and advice, you can take it and alter it to fit your own style and home. I would also like to say that I'm not a professional and have never had any formal training. I just believe God has blessed me with a passion and an eye for decorating and I'm happy to blog about it. So please don't sue me if you try something I suggest and you don't like it. I don't want to be held responsible for any creative failures! :)

Thank you for joining me on this new journey and please be patient with me as I figure out how I really want this blog to function. {And know in advance that I will change the look of it. Often.}

2 comments: